Any fix to this error?

Admin UI built successfully
[2023-03-10 23:59:59.500] debug: :no_entry: Server wasn’t able to start properly.
[2023-03-10 23:59:59.501] error: Unknown dialect undefined
Error: Unknown dialect undefined
at getDialectClass (C:\Users\Azhar Ellahi\OneDrive\Desktop\Portfolio\strapi\api\node_modules@strapi\database\lib\dialects\index.js:12:13)
at getDialect (C:\Users\Azhar Ellahi\OneDrive\Desktop\Portfolio\strapi\api\node_modules@strapi\database\lib\dialects\index.js:19:23)
at new Database (C:\Users\Azhar Ellahi\OneDrive\Desktop\Portfolio\strapi\api\node_modules@strapi\database\lib\index.js:31:20)
at Function.Database.init (C:\Users\Azhar Ellahi\OneDrive\Desktop\Portfolio\strapi\api\node_modules@strapi\database\lib\index.js:116:14)
at Strapi.bootstrap (C:\Users\Azhar Ellahi\OneDrive\Desktop\Portfolio\strapi\api\node_modules@strapi\strapi\lib\Strapi.js:413:30)
at Strapi.load (C:\Users\Azhar Ellahi\OneDrive\Desktop\Portfolio\strapi\api\node_modules@strapi\strapi\lib\Strapi.js:484:16)
at async Strapi.start (C:\Users\Azhar Ellahi\OneDrive\Desktop\Portfolio\strapi\api\node_modules@strapi\strapi\lib\Strapi.js:215:9)

Welcome to the community may i suggest you also post your node version, npm/yarn version and strapi version so people can help better :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey there!

This issue (though the error log isn’t very clear) is actually a database issue. Please make sure that the database specified in config/database.js exists, and you can connect to it using the credentials you provided. If you have any other questions, feel free to tag me! :slight_smile:

Happy coding!

~ Thom

You see it happens every few days. I host new server and it works and then after few days same error. Don’t know what is causing it. I am hosting it locally.

Again what version of strapi are you on.
Also if you are hosting it locally how are you hosting it ?
Docker, Nginx, Apache etc ?

@Eventyret Sorry for the confusion by locally I mean localhost. I am using version 3.7.1.

I am also having the same issue …I have used node version 18.14.0 and for database I’m using render.com…It works fine but after some time when close and start the starpi server it again give me this error…kindly suggest fast solution