Anyone deployed Strapi on a shared hosting than support node.js?

Hi, i was using Strapi 3 with my other project and it was relatively easy to deploy on my shared hosting, but with the version 4 I’m unable to successfully start Strapi… Anyone done it ?

Does it run locally without problems? Do you have access to logs or even ssh for the shared host? I’m interested because I’m developing a project that will probably use a shared host that I don’t know, so I’d appreciate any heads up in the challenges of doing this way, I’m mostly used to full system access. :slight_smile:

Yes it locally run without problems, I have access to the log, and ssh on server. If I found a way of deploy it I’ll tell you ! :slight_smile:

I managed to deploy it 1-2 with v3 i would copy all data into folder where would be my subdomain and in cpanel nodejs i would run npm install. And run a nodejs app after. And if i would go to that subdomain it would work. But few times i couldn’t open admin panel, and i dont know why.

I finally succeeded to deploy it on shared server. If you want help just ask me :slight_smile:

1 Like

can you make few notes about how you did it? or youtube? :grinning:

Yes I’ll do it this weekend :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

any chance for guide :smiley:

Hello everyone. Having some issues during installation Strapi on Namecheap Shared hosting. After running npm install got this error:

40101 warn @strapi/helper-plugin@4.0.3 requires a peer of qs@6.10.1 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
40102 warn react-virtualized@9.22.3 requires a peer of react@^15.3.0 || ^16.0.0-alpha but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
40103 warn react-virtualized@9.22.3 requires a peer of react-dom@^15.3.0 || ^16.0.0-alpha but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

Is there any work around?

Hey there! +1 on wanting to see what you did!
Very interested as my client has purchased shared hosting and wishes to use Strapi for the backend; free-tier Heroku goes to sleep every so often and I don’t want to buy EC2 or a VPS. Let me know!

Verify heroku account with credit card, and you will have 1000 hours to run heroku apps (it is account based not app based).
also add your heroku to here Link and it will never sleeps.

disadvantage to shared hosting/cpanel is that you need find database hosting as heroku has mysql of 5mb and postgres of 10000 rows. also shared hosting provides you with email server.

Hello @Frederik can you provide some guidelines or notes on how to deploy Strapi on a shared hosting Cpanel. Thanks

deploy it on here Railway you will host it for free with database mysql or postgres. you have in start 5$ per month free, and my usage is around 2,1$/month with strapi and postgres database. plus is you verify with card you will get 10$ per month.

also your app will auto-scale if it needs more resource.

Hi Frederik I pushed strapi using github actions, but when I go to my domain its showing nothing, did you faced such issue?

how did you manage to deploy strapi on share hosting please help

this guy knows the way Deploy Strapi on cPanel - #4 by CHINArts

deploying strapi on cPannel has a lot of issues where under that you can open the .env file from the web so this is not recommended at all

Hi, I deployed Strapi on a shared Node Js server but despite enabling public access and Authenticated token I couldn’t access the API when it was fixed by running locally otherwise, I get a “503 error code”.

Hi there, Could you please assist me by providing answers to my few queries cause idk much about the strapi, i am using it for the first time for a blog site and i wanted it deploy on shared hosting platforms such as Hostinger, GoDaddy, or Namecheap. Shared hosting will cost me cheaper than vps so it will be in my range. So could you inform me such as how you deploy it on shared hosting? what steps are necessary to take while deploying strapi and is it work for the latest version of strapi too? Your assistance in this regard will be greatly appreciated.