Change of Content Type

A newbie of Strapi here. I have questions related to strapi + MySQL when creating new content types:

When I used the Content-Types Builder plugin to create new content types (with MySQL as the database), It was found that:

(1) After a new content type has been created, say “article”, then I decided to change the content type name to “article_news”, then I found out that in MySQL database, there are now two database tables, one named “article” and another named “article_news”, while the admin panel only showed the modified content type “article_news”. But I don’t want the old “article” table to exist. Do I just drop this “article” table manually in MySQL (Does this manual action affect strapi auto-generated codes)?

(2) After a new content type has been created, say “article”, and a field, say “description”, has been added to the “article” content type, then I decided to change the field name from the old “description” to the new “content”, then I found out that in MySQL database, there are now two fields in the “article” data table, one named “description” and another named “content”, while the admin panel only showed the modified field name “content”. But I don’t want the old “description” field to exist in MySQL while keeping the new “content” field. Do I just delete this “description” field manually in table “article” in MySQL (Does this manual action affect strapi auto-generated codes)?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @tryecom ,

Just wondering if you got any answer? I have the same question about it. Thank you!