Creating different sets of users with different access to content in the strapi app

System Information
  • Strapi Version: v4
  • Operating System: macOS monterey
  • Database: SQLite
  • Node Version: v17.8.0
  • NPM Version: 8.5.5
  • Yarn Version: N/A using homebrew

Hi all,
i am learning about the basics of strapi, and I have a use-case where I need to create different sets of users and all the users can access (view,modify,create) only the data that belongs to their group and not the data created by other user groups.
For example: I need to create two user groups: group1- developers, group2: marketing_team, these groups need to be given access such that developers can access only the content developers create and marketing_team should have access to the content created by the marketing_team group.

I am pretty new to strapi, so any relevant documentation would help.

thanks

If this is data comming from the API you can use the controller to return the data that only that role has access to by filtering.

If this is for the Admin part of Strapi I think you do need to have a license like Bronze so you get RBAC or Granular Access control in the admin panel for the groups or roles you want.

@Eventyret these groups would be creating their respective content with strapi and which needs to be accessed by the respective groups with the help of an api endpoint.
Am I making sense or not, because I am still exploring it and seeing what is possible to do with strapi.

If they are only using API and not the ADMIN then you should be fine on free.

Though the same applies you can create a policy etc to check what role a API user has and filter on categories etc

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help. Can you please let me know what to refer if I want to learn more about these licenses like Bronze?

https://strapi.io/pricing-self-hosted

1 Like