Data import & Export - Open Beta (v4.6.0-beta.x)

Hi @Raymond_Sellars indeed that is the path we are taking and you are correct, we are starting on the more devops and CI/CD side of things and will progressively move towards adding this capability within the admin. Below is a small sample repo I created after I grilled some of our engineers and product managers on their vision for the future of DEITS and where we would like to go.

As Strapi moves forward we are starting to be more iterative in the way we build things and instead of spending months building out huge monsters of features we are starting to develop a longer term plan for features and then we break that plan into smaller bite sized chunks that are rolled out and released iteratively over time. DEITS was one of the first features we have actually started to put this in practice.

1 Like

Is it possible to use this tool to do an export of an sqlite database (development) and import into postgresql (production) database ?

Please let me know how to do that and if not …that would be feature request.

Hello @Dirk_de_Groot For this use case our team is working on a transfer CLI command. It is in beta right now but will do exactly what you want. Here is the documentation.

1 Like

Wow that’s really useful, i was reading the 4.7 scope but that’s not entirely clear from the scope perhaps an idea to mention that more specifically.

Eventually would be an idea to create a UI for this, i think. For now i will set my production database back to sqlite and wait for the 4.7 implementation.

Thanks for the great work :grinning:

Yes, I think being able to do this in the Admin panel will be developed. We want to get usable features like this out faster and then build upon them. Where did you see something about the 4.7 scope?

that would really up strapi’s overall migration experience