This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://strapi.io/blog/cooking-a-deliveroo-clone-with-nuxt-vue-js-graphql-strapi-and-stripe-setup-part-1-7
I have try to do this tutorial (UPDATED on 13/01/2022), but since the start of it: there’s a mistake with Uikit install. My terminal say: “Plugin not found: /home/emmanuel20/Documents/3-Nuxt-strapi-burgy/frontend/plugins/uikit.js”.
So, i have several questions:
- Follow this kind of “written tutorials” is very difficult and take a wild of time! Because on Strapi Website, it is impossible to copy/past any code by a rightmouse clic. Why it is impossible? Or could you explain to me please, how it is possible?
- In this tutorial (page1/7 - the Strapi install part), Pierre Burgy suggest it is possible to use Mongodb. How it is possible in reference of this article ( MongoDB support in Strapi: Past, Present & Future ) ? If it is always possible, could you explain please?
Now, another questions about Strapi to my need’s fields :
- For a zipcode-city: when i try number field: Strapi return (for example to Paris area): 75**,**000 instead of 75000.
- Also, it is necessery to type “a coma” to add “a point” when you espect 2.22€ ; for a french poeple like me, it is anderstood, but how it is for a foreign poeple?
Thank’s for the answers, kinds regards,
PS: i have try a lot of “videos tutorials” and “written tutorials”: bring me in wrong way, specifickly on 'the graphql parts.
Sorry for the ERROR : “Plugin not found: /home/emmanuel20/Documents/3-Nuxt-strapi-burgy/frontend/plugins/uikit.js”. I had made a mistake: my folder “Plugins” was outside the folder "Frontend. Uikit work yet.
But, thank you in advance, for others answers.
Thanks for the heads-up on this @te68.
- We’ll fix that very soon. Copy-pasting is possible using cmd+C/cmd+V though, it might help you in the meantime.
- MongoDB is currently not supported by Strapi. You can check the documentation to have the latest up-to-date info here.
We’ll do our best to update all tutorials the soonest possible, thanks for your patience and support
- Copy-pasting is possible using cmd+C/cmd+V : it’s a pity Strapi don’t respect webStandart: highlighting !
- Doesn’t mater for MongoDB: I will work with Postgresql or MariaDB.
Emmanuel from France.
It is good that you updated the links in the overview on top of the page. But there are links at the bottom of those pages, too, pointing to the next chapter. Those really should be fixed, too. Furthermore, the github repo does not use UIKit anymore and has a somewhat different code base. This should be integrated into this tutorial.
(I know that you are in the process of updating things, but it wouldn’t hurt to be a bit more precise. Looking for old links in an IDE using a global search is not that big of a deal, is it?)
It says this was updated for Strapi V4, yet the github repo for the server is:
Trying to update it by changing version number 4.5.4 with yarn pulls up a dialog that asks you to select from version 3 choices only.
Is there a V4 github repo of this that is consistent with the tutorial saying " [Strapi v4]This tutorial was updated with Strapi v4."
Trying to upskill on Strapi using tutorials is discouraging when the first thing you hit is the repo doesn’t reflect the actual tutorial, and as such there’s no guarantee it will work especially with out of date versions and packages (node18 issues anyone?).
If it hasn’t actually been tested under V4 (as it shows in the repo) then you can’t put " Strapi v4 This tutorial was updated with Strapi v4." on the tutorial. Code has to be verified to work in order for it to be useful as a tutorial. I just spent time debugging another tutorial here so I’m wary of this issue. Registration and Login (Authentication) with Vue.js and Strapi
Also, if the tutorial repo cannot be updated to properly reflect what it says it is (ie: V4 compatible) then it should be removed. There is nothing worse than tutorials which are innacurate and end up wasting a developers time, especially when they are trying to learn a new technology. The learning content MUST be reliable and accurate.
This article is currently outdated and we are in the process looking to update it.