Headless CMS & Strapi SEO best practices

Are you looking to use a headless CMS that excels in terms of SEO? You came across the right article. In this post, I will explain to you how you can make Strapi the best content management system for your SEO.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://strapi.io/blog/headless-cms-strapi-seo-best-practices
1 Like

Hi,
this is a great article and it explained very well the points I was looking for. The question is, for metaTitle and MetaDescription, if I already have Title and Description fields, can I use them to auto-populate (metaTitle and MetaDescription) with same data Title and Description have?

In your example, you had to write the title again in the metaTitle field.

2 Likes

I’m interested too. I think that you have to create a code into the Model that manage data before saving.

1 Like

You can include another boolean field in your SEO component that could be overrideGlobalSeo or something. If this is true, then use this pages’ SEO instead of the global title and description you have set for your project.

I have a website that has been created by using stripe API. But for the last two months, I continue adding blogs on my website but these are not indexing. I tried every possible reason but still not indexing in Google.

Even any sitemap generator tools are unable to fetch all blog urls. Please suggest to me how can I fix this issue.

Here is my website: PropReturns.com

Looking for a positive and quick solution.

Thanks,

Interesting article thank you for sharing.

I have a question about Internationalization. UID it is unique but that is a problem when for multiple language you want to keep the same “slug”

eg.

///restaurants/restaurant-name
///fr/restaurants/restaurant-name

in this case what you suggest? Use the same approach, but just replace UID with a normal text field?

Hi!
It seems that you don’t have any direct links to your blog posts as well as to other pages (top navigation doesn’t have links as well).

Most of the crawlable URLs on your website are not indexable (all with ?AssetType=*) - they are canonicalized and the canonical URL for these URLs is https://www.propreturns.com/

You have to make all your URLs accessible through direct links (a href=“link_to_page”) to make sure that all your pages can be crawled by search engine bots.

It seems that you are using React for your frontend, so you will need to change your internal linking to make your pages accessible for search engine bots.

Hope this helps.

Absolutely! Just replace the UID by a string field instead :wink:

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll do like this

Hi Community,

We have a website on Strapi API. Facing indexing issues on some web pages and across blogs. We have tried all possible SEO troubleshooting. Not able to figure out what’s wrong. Need help. Can you guys help us figure out potential issues behind this?

Blog: Mesha Blog | Grow and and manage your tribe - Facing a lot of trouble with this subfolder particularly

Personal help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance. :pray:t2:

First and foremost, it’s important to make sure your content is high-quality and relevant to your audience. That’s the foundation of good SEO. And with a headless CMS like Strapi, you have complete control over your content and how it’s structured, which is a huge plus for SEO. Another thing to keep in mind is the technical side of things. Make sure your website is fast and well-optimized, with clean code and a proper URL structure. You might also want to use a traffic bot to bring more traffic to your website the safe way.
In terms of specific Strapi SEO best practices, there are a few things you can do to make the most of this CMS.

This sounds like a great opportunity for all the talented writers out there!

If you’re into jam stack, open-source, and javascript, this could be your chance to share your knowledge and experiences with the community.

If you’re into jam stack, open-source, and javascript, this could be your chance to share your knowledge and experiences with the community. Headless CMS and Strapi SEO best practices are hot topics in the industry right now, and it’s always great to learn from experts in the field. If you’re also interested in Magento, you should check out Magento Adobe Commerce agency for some cool magento custom development projects. They’re really good at what they do, and they’re always up for a challenge. Go ahead and give it a shot!