Media library folders beta is live

Thanks for this great feature! I’ve already updated to v4.3.2, but I just can’t seem to find this feature (or the button to add a new folder in the Media Library).

Are there any sort of migration steps that need to be done?

1 Like

We’ve finished the work on a breadcrumb navigation. You can find more information here: https://github.com/strapi/strapi/pull/13917

This will be released as part of 4.3.3 next week.

1 Like

Could you please try to re-build the admin UI? You may have to delete existing build or .cache folders before.

Amazing this is perfect, thanks @gustavpursche :)) can’t wait

The media folders addition is fantastically useful. Is there a similar method of organizing Single and/or Collection types by folder? Or is the admin interface limited (out of the box) to a one-level system of organising page/collection types? Many thanks in advance!

Great addition. Helps ALOT keeping files organized.
Can we please have the folder API exposed to the docs?
http://localhost:1337/upload/folders?sort=updatedAt:DESC&page=1&pageSize=10&pagination[pageSize]=-1&filters[$and][0][parent][id][$null]=true

2 Likes

why would it be required?

A feature request for this has already been opened: Support for media folders in the content API | Voters | Strapi Please make sure to explain your use-case there and to upvote the feature. This will help the product team to make better decisions, once it has enough traction/ validation.

1 Like

A few users already opened a feature request for that: Ordering Content Type entries in the List view | Content Editing XP | Strapi You can follow the progress and the discussion there.

1 Like

Thanks very much Gustav. Appreciate you pointing me to that request.

@gustavpursche thx I upvoted the feature request and added the following rationale:
I would expect the public api to have the same abilities for the media library as the strapi admin interface does. This allows developers of websites to create a full features media browser/library with folders.

Related to this thread there is this pull request for Cloudinary: as It is very popular in new comers and startups, some developers could have many different projects linked to the same account, ordering all media content by project name/folder could ve a very useful feature.

What do you think?

following!