Migration guide from 3.3.x to 3.4.0

Hey there I’m updating my strapi application from 3.3.0 to 3.4.0.

In the migration guide they say :

I just wanted to know if this part was mandatory ? because I will not use the sorting on relations in the list view. If yes I notice they said :

This migration script changes the configuration stored in database. If you upgrade an application running in production, you will have to run the script on the production environment too.

Currently my application is running on Heroku how can I run the script on my production environment ?

thank you !

You could use the bootstrap.js file to launch this script on heroke during deploy.

hey sunnyson, and thank you, so it is mandatory ? Because I do not have any ideas on how to do it even using the bootstrap.js file :pensive:

No, it’s not mandatory.

2 Likes

Jumping in to ask a tangential question: @sunnyson what are your thoughts on updating your Strapi version?
What’s a good practice on how often we should update it, and what factors should we consider when thinking about updates?
Would the Strapi app break if we don’t update it for too long? (Or will it be buggy to update too many versions ahead?)

I’m more of a hold off updates as much as possible kind of dev. Just not sure if that’s the best approach…