RBAC - Role based access control feature discussion

unfortunately I have to agree 100% with the two previous postings.

This IS bait-and-switch and since it apparently has been an issue for almost a year and nobody cared to update the wording on the pricing page, it is done with full deliberation.

This is sad and should be the reason for anyone to leave the Strapi train as good as it may be, and as nice and great as the dev team may be. If the suits ruin it, run!

I can’t imagine anyone after figuring this out the hard way - as obviously many on this thread did - would be like “oh, hell yeah, I been tricked, but let’s give these guys money”.

So, no, I really do not understand the reasoning or why you feel it is “mandatory” (mean monetary?) for you to strip RBAC of any usability by taking away the possibility to set CRUD rules on the field level.

I’m veteran enough to hack my way out of this, but be assured that you will never see a cent from actual developers this way. Might get a buck out of a PR dude though. Good luck!

1 Like

I think I got to fast exited by the name OpenSource until I realized that. :roll_eyes:

The CE version now supports 3 roles with type level control which is not too bad for a free version.

We do plan to release RBAC as free later on too, I believe after our cloud launch was the plan. If you do want to see this feel free to upvote the feedback post here: Free RBAC (Community Edition) | Voters | Strapi

1 Like