Recommended hosting plan for small/simple website?

Hi guys! Could you recommend the best hosting plan for a small/simple website?
I have a simple website made in Vue.js. It is a website for the band with the latest news, upcoming gigs, etc.
I tried digital ocean, but do I really need to pay for 4GB of ram, 2 cores CPU, and 32GB disk like STRAPI recommends? (Deployment | Strapi Documentation)
For example, I know that I do not need more than 2-4GB of hard disk space. (I will not upload more media more than that)
I think it is too expensive to pay for that plan for small websites. Maybe I am wrong…
I would like to hear your opinion! :slight_smile:
Thank you very much!

1 Like

I think you can use render or railway app to host it for free more or less or 5$ a month.
You can also use github pages or netlify to host the vue website.

2 Likes

Hi @Eventyret and thank you for your answer. :slight_smile: I tried Render and I am really satisfied :slight_smile: but my question is:
Will render free or starter plan be enough for my purposes? (band website with latest news, gigs, contact, about & discography)
It would be really nice if I do not have any performance issues or errors :slight_smile:

I don’t know about Render, but Railway’s developer plan should be enough for that kind of website.

I also recommend hosting the images in Cloudinary.

1 Like

@bozonja check my post here about railway and how to setup file hosting with cdn without egress fees.

1 Like

Strapi 4 + Digital Ocean or Render: Deploying Strapi 4 to Digital Ocean App - DEV Community

Strapi 4 + Railway: Deploying Strapi 4 to Railway - DEV Community

2 Likes

Hetzner cloud is perfect, highly recommend them!

1 Like