Strapi Admin - Content Types Not Saving To PostGres

Hi there,

I’m having an issue where Strapi does not seem to be saving the data to my PostGres database when I create a new Content Type through the Content-Types Builder plugin.

In the following example, I have created a new field called “test_addition” to the Collection Type “Blocks”. Immediately upon hitting ‘Save’ in the Strapi admin panel, and having the server subsequently restart, I am met with the following error in the logs:

Although Strapi’s admin panel itself reports that the the content type has been created.
(I would share an image showcasing this, though as a new user I can only add one image).

I do indeed appear able to make use of this newly created content type - it just doesn’t persist. I’m running the application through Docker, and as soon as I build a new Strapi image, the admin panel reverts back to the Content Types I had before I added this new field.

Also note that changes to the Collection Types appear to work fine; it is specifically the Content Types that seem to have this issue.

How can I be assured that the Content Types will persist through Strapi deployments?

Thanks in advance!

System Information
  • Strapi Version: 3.65 Enterprise Edition
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
  • Docker Version: 20.10.7 build f0df350
  • Database: PostGres (image: postgres)
  • Node Version: v10.19.0
  • NPM Version: 6.14.4
1 Like