- Strapi Version: 3.6.2
- Operating System: Linux
- Database: postgres
- Node Version: 14.19.1
- NPM Version: 6.14.16
- Yarn Version: 1…2.5
I’m using nodemailer as a provider to send emails through SendGrid.
When I’m testing on Settings > Email Plugin - Email Settings > Send a test email all messages are sent as expected.
When I test on the forgot-password flow, using the same email addresses on the test above, not all emails are sent. Gmail addresses received both messages, Microsoft (Hotmail/Live) and domains using Exchange email server don’t receive the forgot-password message.
If we are talking about some block, blacklist, firewall, or rule… it doesn’t make sense because the test email always worked.
Things that I tried to solve this with no success:
- add dkim certificate to nodemailer
- domain and sender are verified on SendGrid
- SMTP connection using the same sender email
- forgot-password email template (subject and content) override.
- tested all other providers (Sendmail, SendGrid, SMTP)
- rule added on Exchange to ensure that emails coming from my Strapi server will be allowed.
I don’t know what else I can try to resolve this. Does anyone have any ideas?