.toggleNotification preventing app from loading Admin Page

System Information
  • v4.0.7:
  • Google App Engine:
  • PostgreSQL:
  • 16.0.0:
  • 7.10.0:
  • 1.22.17:

I’m not having any trouble running the app on my localhost but replying to our cloud provider is causing some issues.

I’m able to navigate to the app loading page showing that it’s running fine, but when I login to the admin dashboard I enter my username and password, am authenticated properly but the screen is just blank. No information at all. When I access the console I see the following error:

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating '(0,o.useContext)(a.default).toggleNotification')

I have created a completely new instance of Strapi CMS and I’m experiencing exactly the same issue.

Can anyone assist?

1 Like

I just ran into the same issue there. It started working and now I get this strange Issue

I’m experiencing the same issue as Greg.

Running Strapi in GCP app engine. App is running, status page & APIs are working as expected but the logged in dashboard throws an error:

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating '(0,o.useContext)(a.default).toggleNotification')

Hi, I have a similar issue TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘toggleNotification’) someone has find a solution for this ?

Faced the same issue on 4.1.11 strapi version

had to revert to 4.0.5 to make it work.

The same issue but only in documentation page

I am also running in google cloud (App Engine). I switched from using npm to using yarn and now experiencing a problem which seems very similar to this.

I can see the login page of the admin site but as soon as I perform the login only a white screen is displayed and in the console I see: q.useContext(…) is undefined

Starting locally everything works. So its very hard for me to actually debug what’s the problem here…