V4 admin customization

System Information
  • Strapi Version: 4.0

Hi ! Is it still possible to extend any admin component in the v4?
On the previous versions, we just needed to copy files from strapi-admin plugin by keeping the tree structure, but it doesen’t seems to work like this with the v4.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Hello, yes it is. Please visit this link Admin panel customization - Strapi Developer Docs and subsequently this link Admin Panel API - Strapi Developer Docs to get more information on the subject.

Hi Richard, this is something I was also wondering. I have been going through the docs but I can’t seem to make changes to say the HomePage is I would be able to easily in v3. I’ve been able to generate a custom plugin and inject components into the predefined injection zones on the list and edit views, but I can’t work out how I make changes to the overall pages. Could you explain how we would do this in more detail? Many thanks

1 Like

I have the same problem. I want to change HomePage component

1 Like

I managed to do it by running the following script between the install and build step :

cp -rf src/extensions/admin/* node_modules/@strapi/admin/admin/src

I have the same problem. I want to customize also other components.

This will work but its not an ideal solution to have to make changes inside the node_modules folder. Feels more difficult to customize the admin panel than it was in v3 now.

2 Likes

Hello

Does anyone know where to come approval option?

Any progress / information on this without changing files in node_modules ?

1 Like