Can anyone please explain how to perform the $and filter rest api query with strapi v4? I am new to strapi and followed the guidance in the documentation but this does not work. Thanks alot!

An example of what I am trying to do:

Retrieve a list of students who are enrolled in both Maths and Physics. I appreciate any help that is offered :pray:

Can you share the code what you are trying.

I am trying to for example retrieve students who are enrolled in Maths and Physics:

student: {

$and: [
   {
     course:{
      $eq: 'Maths'
     },
  },
   {
     id:{
       $eq: 'Physics'
     },
   },
 ]

}

With $or all students who are enrolled in either maths or physics are retrieved. With $and nothing is retrieved

I believe it should work. However can you try this

$and: [
   {
     student:{
         course:{
           $eq: 'Maths'
          },
     }
  },
  {
     student:{
         id:{
          $eq: 'Physics'
         },
     }
  },
 ]

I just tried that again (i had previously tried) amd it did not work. I substituted with a $or and that worked again (i.e. retrieved the records based on or). Do you have any other suggestions? I really appreciate your effort so far!

may I know the content-type schema of your page. I want to understand how you are storing values for the Maths and Physics for one student.

Student is a collection and has a relationship with courses (many to many), course is a relation type (has relationship to Student) and course has an id field which is of type text

I got your problem.Its related to many relation and not with $and operator i think. Unfortunately I am also not sure how to fetch records in many relation in such case :frowning:

What if the relationship is a one to many?