node --version
v14.15.4
npm --version
Strapi 3.4.1

npm ERR! Could not resolve dependency:
npm ERR! peer knex@"^0.20.0" from strapi-connector-bookshelf@3.4.1
npm ERR! node_modules/strapi-connector-bookshelf
npm ERR! strapi-connector-bookshelf@“3.4.1” from the root project

I installed and am testing without problems (for now) … but I’m using MongoDB.
My environment:
Windows 10
Node JS 14.15.4
NPM 6.14.10
MongoDB 4.4.0
Strapi 3.4.1

Good luck !

Hey @larrybird1 :wave: ,

I’m not sure which steps you follow, so I can’t reproduce this for you.
But maybe these steps could solve this.

1. Add "knex": "<0.20.0", to your dependencies in your package.json, like so:
"dependencies": {
    "strapi": "3.2.5",
    //...
    "strapi-connector-bookshelf": "3.2.5",
    "knex": "<0.20.0"
  },
  1. run npm install to install the (missings) packages

2. run npm run develop to start the Strapi application.

I hope this solve your situation. :+1:
If not, could you please provide some steps to reproduce the behaviour?

The issue you’re encountering is related to the version of the ““knex”” package, which the ““strapi-connector-bookshelf”” package is dependent on.
Based on the error message, it seems that the version of ““knex”” that you have installed is not compatible with the version specified as a peer dependency in the ““strapi-connector-bookshelf”” package.
The solution that is recommended in the post is to add the knex package with version <0.20.0 to the dependencies of your package.json and run npm install.

Another solution could be to install Windows 11 instead, As its a more updated version of windows and it could solve the compatibility issues. you can purchase the license from https://mylegitkeys.com/product/microsoft-windows-11-pro-product-key-activation-license.

It’s also worth noting that, If you’re using MongoDB instead of MySQL, it may be easier for you to use the MongoDB connector for Strapi.

Is it the first time you have had this problem?

Well, if you can’t install it as you usually do you can ask for help on different platforms. For example, I always search and ask for help on reddit windows 10 key. Some of the guys here helped me a lot when I needed to install my windows 10. Just search there and see if anyone had a similar problem as you. If not, you can ask them and wait for a response. If no one can help you, your last option would be to go to a professional and look more deeply at your device.

Have you already updated your PC to Windows 11?

Well, I haven’t updated my PC to Windows 11 yet, but I’ve heard some great things about it.

If you’re considering the upgrade, you might want to check out the Windows 11 Pro version. It offers some extra features and functionality compared to the regular version.