Collapsible Usage With Strapi

I am relatively new with using Strapi for a CMS. Using the Shadcn-UI, a thought popped into my head: Is it possible to use the Collapsible (Collapsible - shadcn/ui) feature from Shadcn with Strapi? I would assume it would be a custom field, but how could I implement that. As well as using Tables. Using tables is nonexistent in the Rich Text Block (from what I’m aware of).

Ultimately, I would like to put a Table inside the Collapsible.

This topic has been created from a Discord post (1232567572331761745) to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here.
Join the conversation on Discord

Accordion Usage With Strapi

Sorry can I clarify what you’re asking.

Do you want to have the accordion dropdown with a table in the backend of the CMS in the admin panel for content entry?

Technically yes, you’d be best to do this via a plugin.

If you want to use that in your frontend and have data populate it from Strapi, also yes and I can provide a schema for you to do this with native Strapi fields and you’d then ingest the content into the accordion component you want.

Sorry. Let me take it a step back.

I would like to be able to create Tables with Strapi. I saw that it doesn’t exist in the Rich Text Block and would probably be a Custom Field perhaps.

t would definitely be help if you could provide the schema.I’m coming from Python/Wagtail experience, so I would normally just string up some code to create it manually in a block, so I’m still a bit foreign with Nextjs/Strapi

I try to do tables with components and it’s a nightmare hell :). I guess I’m going to write an integration with google sheets or notion

But there is so many ways to have a table, like is it a table inside markdown, or it’s a table that can be compared between some items

Should it be searchable

Better to just go thru the weeds. While I agree with your solutions, I’m sure it would be more rewarding making it a component for future endeavors

Table Component With Strapi

Just a heads up, the maintenance of the table made with components is just a disaster… all this accordions collapse and you can see only one row at time…

Not saying that you might want to multiple items have same layout

Do you still have the schema?

I found this guide: Strapi Table Component Overview — Restack

I believe this will help me progress into what I’m trying to do. I’ll keep those interested posted next week.

As I remember restack is some sort of ai generated nonsense, so that’s likely a fake

Have you tried it?

I see what you mean by this. You’re gonna have hella Titles/Text in a long ass list lol
It’s really silly that Strapi has all these robust features, but missing the small things like this

Couldn’t find more of that but you can see it clearly in latest forum post here

Yep, but the problem there is just to many ways to make table, and different tables need different implementation

Like I need table that is same among many collection items