Collection data disappears, permissions reset

Hi Strapi community,

I have two collections (A and B) and a new field on a third collection (C) that gets “reset” with an unknown cause. The collection items disappear and the API permissions are reset to no permissions when this happens. The new field on collection C is also cleared. I see this issue come up often in the community, but I would appreciate some help trying to debug this issue.

Some ramblings:
-We moved to Docker in the past 2 months, but I don’t think that is related - this seems to have happened before that migration. We are using the dockerfile verbatim from the documentation here (Docker | Strapi Documentation)
-Do we know when Strapi would ‘cull’ unused tables and data? It’s baffling that this behavior seems completely random and not tied to a deployment, running locally, etc…
-I’ve tried deleting / recreating the collections, but I don’t see any significant difference in generated code.
-One suggestion I see often from a Strapi engineer is to make sure we aren’t inadvertently using SQLite - I’m virtually certain we are successfully using Postgres. Our startup info block says so, and I can see data populating in the Postgres database.

This topic has been created from a Discord post (1246636275516309587) to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here.