Connection test failed to mySql local db

System Information
  • Strapi Version:
  • Operating System: windows
  • Database: mySql / wamp /5.7.31
  • Node Version: 14.17.1
  • NPM Version: 7.19.0
  • Yarn Version: 1.22.17

Hello, I’am trying to install and create a new strapi project, first time ever. I want to connect it to local database MySql (i use wamp) I follow the tutorial, and checked I had good version of node. Everything seems good, but it doesn’t work, I tried the same thing at work too, same problem.

Thanks for the help
---->
"Connection test failed: Cannot find module ‘C:\Users\pauli\AppData\Local\Temp\strapidae11e9ef0d2\node_modules\strapi-connector-bookshelf\lib\utils\connectivity.js’
Require stack:

• C:\Users\pauli\AppData\Local\npm-cache_npx\f5b733dbc92df62b\node_modules\strapi-generate-new\lib\create-customized-project.js
  • C:\Users\pauli\AppData\Local\npm-cache_npx\f5b733dbc92df62b\node_modules\strapi-generate-new\lib\generate-new.js
  • C:\Users\pauli\AppData\Local\npm-cache_npx\f5b733dbc92df62b\node_modules\strapi-generate-new\lib\index.js
  • C:\Users\pauli\AppData\Local\npm-cache_npx\f5b733dbc92df62b\node_modules\create-strapi-app\create-strapi-app.js
  • C:\Users\pauli\AppData\Local\npm-cache_npx\f5b733dbc92df62b\node_modules\create-strapi-app\index.js"

it seems like it’s missing the mysql module? What command are you using?

1 Like

I followed this tutorial Configuring MySQL on your Strapi project and use the command

yarn create strapi-app myApp

Can you try with npx create-strapi-app@latest myApp Functionally it should do the same thing and we have the CLI configured to use yarn to install the packages regardless.

I’m just curious if that will change anything.

no, it didn’t change anything…