Create custom endpoint for Users in strapi v4

How create custom endpoint for Users in strapi v4

3 Likes

Yeah! It necessary for me to. Same logic as v3 doesn’t work!

I attached few screens. What i doing wrong?

3 Likes

Hey andrew,

To extend a plugin’s interface using the ./src/extensions folder in v4 of strapi:

1. Create the ./src/extensions folder at the root of the app, if the folder does not already exist.
  2. Create a subfolder with the same name as the plugin to be extended, in your case users-permissions.
  3. Depending on what needs to be extended:
  • create a strapi-server.js file to extend a plugin’s back end using the Server API
  • or create a strapi-admin.js file to extend the admin panel.

Since you are looking for controllers and routes, here is an example of a backend extension:

// path: ./src/extensions/users-permissions/strapi-server.js

module.exports = (plugin) => {
  plugin.controllers.user.find = (ctx) => {
console.log('test');
};

return plugin;
};

This guide is from: Plugins extension - Strapi Developer Docs

4 Likes

Merci beaucoup j’ai tester sa marché

1 Like

Yeah! Thank you so much! That works like i wanted))
This screenshot for those who was like me )))

Can you answer one more question please, or give me a link. I dont understand about router types (admin or content-api). For what things those types?

4 Likes

Hey @Andrew_Andrew, I’m glad that helped!

Routes are related to your api.

You could have routes for your admin panel, or for the client side API (content-api)

For example, imagine you are developing a custom plugin (or extending one), and you need access to some data in the frontend part of your plugin but ONLY for the admin side. You will create a route with the type of admin-api and you can now make an API call to that custom route/controller and get data that you need.

As expected, the route you created (let’s say /plugin-name/templates), will be added to the settings and you could restrict it by admin roles:

However, you may also need to create controler and a route for the client side with the type content-api, which would allow you to access it like your other content type API’s (/api/restaurant etc…), and restrict it by user role types and as they show up in this section of the settings:

I hope that helps!

All the best

1 Like

Hi, I followed the above instructions, but when I make the strapi-server.js file, I get strapiServer is not a function error and the server crashes. Any Idea what I’m doing wrong?

You have to return something, like this:

// strapi-server.js
module.exports = (plugin) => {
  plugin.controllers.user.find = (ctx) => {
    console.log('test');
};

return plugin;
};

Thank you so much. Very helpful. A lot of new changes going from Strapi 3 to 4. Glad we have this forum.

Thank you all. Great thread.
I created a custom endpoint for users but don’t know how to access “Entity Service API”.
How can I access strapi? and update the user like so:

const entry = await strapi.entityService.findOne('api::user.user', 1, {
  populate: { someRelation: true },
});

Just found out a way! Here is my solution for those curious.
Looks like strapi is global and can be access anywhere.

const entity = await strapi.entityService.update(
      "plugin::users-permissions.user",
      ctx.state.user.id,
      { data }
);