Create related item within another type in Content manager

System Information
  • Strapi Version: 3.2.5 CE
  • Operating System: Linux
  • Database: sqlite ? (strapi-app quickstart)
  • Node Version: v14.15.0
  • Yarn Version: 1.22.5

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to create a related item directly from given type form?
Right now I can just select an existing entry of the related type, not create a new one.

Example:

I have a type Company, which has_many Contacts.
When creating a new Company, I’d like to also be able to add/create a new contact within the Company form.

I haven’t found anything about that so I guess it’s not implemented. Could someone confirm that?

Thanks!

Hi :slight_smile:

As you guessed it is not implemented for the moment. I believe I’ve already seen this feature request somewhere but I can’t find it. @DMehaffy do you know where it would be?

I think it’s been brought up on some of our meetups and internally but not a feature request on GitHub/PB yet.

@HenriC can you make a feature request on GitHub please? :pray:

@DMehaffy I’ve found a PR#5125 and a ticket on ProductBoard that mention this feature. I’ve added links to the feature request.

Here is it on github: Create / Edit / Delete related items within another type form · Issue #8582 · strapi/strapi · GitHub

1 Like

You are absolutely right, how both me and Pierre missed that we will never know :shushing_face: :wink:

Thank you.

1 Like