I was wondering if anyone would be interested in integrating a 3rd part data visualization service in your admin dashboards. I’m trying to get an idea of how much interest there is so I know if I should put the time to develop this or not.
Bear in mind that this requires an account or to self-host a 3rd party service, so it won’t be just “install plugin” and you can visualize the data. The service I’m talking about is Chartbrew which can be used by creating an account there or self-hosting from here: GitHub - chartbrew/chartbrew: Open-source web platform for creating charts out of different data sources (databases and APIs) 📈📊
How I’m thinking this would work:
- There will be a new menu for the integration
- In there you can log in with Chartbrew (your instance or the managed one)
- You get a list of your content types and you can click on them
- Chartbrew will then create a visualization for you from a list of possible charts (time series, pie charts, KPIs, etc)
- These charts could be automatically embedded in the Strapi admin interface so you can monitor how your data is evolving
- Further down the road I can implement dashboard templates as well, so you can create the same kind of visualizations across multiple Strapi instances with just a click of a button
This integration would take a bit of time to implement so that’s why I’d love to hear your opinion on it before I proceed to code it out.