Disable plural and field alias

System Information
  • Strapi Version: 3.53
  • Operating System: MacOS
  • Database: sqlite
  • Node Version: 12
  • NPM Version:
  • Yarn Version:

Hi everyone! I would like to know if there is any way to disable the plural feature completely, it’s not so useful yet troublesome in my language, since the admin UI is accessible to the client, so I hope that I can use the native words directly without any troubles.

As the strapi already has a display name and another real name for the collection, I guess it’s ok to disable the pluralize process only for the display name?

BTW, I see that the internalization is well supported in some languages, but it seems to be impossible to customize the filed names when prototyping the Content Type, which means to add an alias to a field so that I can use the English words for data fetching and be able to show the native language field names to the client at the same time, that would be very useful and user-friendly!

Best regards.

1 Like

Hey,

doesn’t seem to be possible: Weird behaviour of display name of a collection type in admin - #3 by DMehaffy

Cheers
R

That is correct @RFR

@DMehaffy sorry for the late, I got that the plural is virtual for the code generation, but there have both display name and collection name, is it possible to enforce the collection name for code generation but leave the free space for the display name?

also, I tried to add another alias name to the form so that I can set the display name for the fields while the name is still available to the code generation.