Enabling vscode intellisense for strapi

System Information
  • Strapi Version: 3.6.5
  • Operating System:
  • Database:
  • Node Version: 14.17.3
  • NPM Version: 6.14.13
  • Yarn Version: 1.22.5

Is there a way to turn on vscode intellisense for strapi? Currently, vscode does not offer any help in the form of suggestions, autocomplete, function documentation or descriptions. For example, in the screenshot below, vscode does not know what functions can be called on strapi (such as .query() or .services or .models).

Is this normal? I’m new to Javascript so I can’t tell if this is intended behavior or if there is some setting, configuration, or package that I’ve somehow missed out on. In Python or Dart, vscode would usually scan the package files and determine the functions that exist so it can suggest them. Sometimes, when you hover over a function it would also show a short description of what the function does, what parameters it takes, and what type(s) it may return.

I spent a lot of time trying to search for an answer, but to no avail. Surely, I must not be the only one facing this issue. The only explanation to me would be that I am probably missing something very obvious, and I can’t figure out what that is.

3 Likes

This would be a great help!

2 Likes

Did you ever receive any help on this topic? I am in the same boat. New to Strapi and I don’t know all available functions.

someone know the answer to this?

someone did it?

The intellisense for strapi is so bad since it is javascript and not typescript strapi is working on improve the intellisense over time they will do this slowly over time bit by bit