Error: read ECONNRESET when trying to “strapi export”

This topic has been created from a Discord post (1235181082987466782) to give it more visibility.
It will be on Read-Only mode here.
Join the conversation on Discord

<@336252499910459394> Thanks for the reply!

So S3 is set as my upload partner, there are alot of files but when i export and import into another strapi project i want the relation between each entry and the media for it to stay intact.

it seems the only way to do that when exporting is by exporting all the assets too

or is there a way to not export assets but maintain the relation between the location of the media in my s3 bucket with the respective entry?

I don’t have a lot of experience with what you’re describing. I wonder if it would be better to have the collections associated to the artifacts (media) instead refer to links? These links would be the urls of the s3 assets.

So, for example, if you wanted Blogs to contain “banner-image”, instead of banner-image being a relational attribute to a media object, it would be a text attribute (url to the media object).

Not sure if that fits in your use-case or not

It looks like Strapi Media is pretty fleshed out, so there’s likely a better approach than what I’m describing. I’d try the office hours from 10:30am to 11:30am PST here in the Strapi Discord (M-F, excluding holidays) to see what they have to say. I’ve found it to be the most reliable way to get sure-fire help from Strapi experts.

So i got the Import-Export plugin and it worked like a charm!

Thank you <@336252499910459394> for the support, after you mentioned export sized i looked into better ways to export data for my use-case and stumbled upon the right extension