Expert Open for Work - Full-Stack Developer / Product Manager (Strapi, Vue, React, Laravel, Next, Nuxt, Tailwind)

Hello,

I am currently seeking a new project.

The type of project I am interested in:

• Contract / Freelance Work
  • Rate: 80€-120€ per hour
  • Fully Remote
  • Positions: Frontend, Backend, or Product Manager
  • Skills: Primarily JS or PHP related

I have a comprehensive experience with a variety of other technologies and frameworks (for example Wordpress, AI, automations, and e-commerce, Docker, Puppeteer and more), so please don’t hesitate to send me a message.

LinkedIn
Github
Instagram: hungryfeeling

Hi Catalin, can you possibly extend a Strapi Plugin for me? I’m a developer myself but I’m pressed for time.

I need to extend the Strapi Media Library plugin so that when I upload a video to the library, the duration of the video is stored. Some more info…

When uploading a video to the (standard) Media Library in Strapi V4 running on Strapi Cloud, I need to capture the duration/length of the video so that I can retrieve the video duration through the API.

I understand that calculating the duration is normally done via the front-end when a video file is loaded into a video player (for example, I can see each video duration when inspecting the files in Strapi Admin > Media Library) but in my case, I need to store the duration so that it appears as a field in the API response when populating ‘Media’.

For example:

{
            "id": 3,
            "attributes": {
                "createdAt": "2023-05-23T09:19:52.076Z",
                "media": {
                    "data": {
                        "id": 7,
                        "attributes": {
                            "name": "pexels-julia-m-cameron-4498849-3840x2160-50fps.mp4",
                            "alternativeText": null,
                            "caption": null,
                            "width": null,
                            "height": null,
                            "formats": null,
                            "hash": "pexels_julia_m_cameron_4498849_3840x2160_50fps_f186b411f6",
                            "ext": ".mp4",
                            "mime": "video/mp4",
                            "size": 13290.27,
                            "duration": 120, <--- WOW! Duration in seconds 🙂
                        }
                    }
                },
                "localizations": {
                    "data": []
                }
            }
        }

Hi Hammy,

I’ve sent you a message; it might already be helpful!

Your skillset sounds impressive! Reminds me of when I was looking to expand my team and stumbled upon Hire Angular JS Developer. It’s like finding a needle in a haystack, but for top-notch talent! With your expertise, you’ll surely find the perfect fit for your next project.