Global hello topic to introduce yourself!

Hi everyone! Welcome to the new Strapi forums!

I wanted to have an introduction topic for everyone to introduce themselves with whatever they wanted to share. I am Derrick, a Strapi Solutions Engineer, and will be the primary admin over the forums. I grew up in southeast Iowa, USA and moved down to Phoenix, Arizona back around 2014.

I started working with Strapi on some of my personal projects around 2017 and was a part of the community just like you! After years of working with the project and helping out the Strapi team I was invited to join the team in an official capacity and thus here I am!

Most of my skills are in Linux systems engineering and DevOps but over the years I have started picking up various other skills. In my down time I spend far too much money on my main two hobbies which is Technology and cars. For those that know me, I’m sure you’ve probably seen my main “battle station” for work and play but I figured I would share it again.

On the left is my main work setup which is a Mac and I will regularly swap that out with my Razer Blade Pro 17 (2019 model) if I need to do some testing between Mac, Windows, Linux.

On the right is “work horse” machine when I am really busy, yes those are 6 24" monitors :stuck_out_tongue: and it actually has 2 motherboards, one for linux and the other for Windows.

For those interested here are the work horse part lists:
Linux: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/derrickmehaffy/saved/#view=D8V8Jx
Windows: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/derrickmehaffy/saved/#view=mDLNP6

And that’s it from me! I look forward to talking with all of you!

7 Likes

This is great!

1 Like

Your setup is awesome @DMehaffy

1 Like

That is an insane set up… Keep it up!

1 Like

That is a full on Strapi Space Station-worthy setup!!

–– What’s up y’all, I’m Scott Agirs and I’m the creator of ijs.to/ - hoping to launch this month, lots of plans and ambitions - if anyone likes the idea and wants to help me make it happen - holler at me, would love to chat! :slight_smile:

This is my setup

Be safe everyone and happy Strapi-coding!

PS.
The only thing that’s missing is a bowl of baby carrots - keep a healthy diet while WFH, eh! :smiley:

2 Likes

BTW I really love seeing other peoples setups as a hardware nerd, please do feel free to throw a picture of your setup in :star_struck: