How can I fix this database error which resulted from creating a new field in Admin?

I created a unique identifier field called ID, and when I saved it I had a few red error banners, and then the server stopped, and it wont restart. The error is as follows, which is a database error. Being new to Strapi, how can I fix this?

I assume its to do with the fact I created a unique identifier, maybe with the name ID? I would guess this is a bug too, I should not have been able to crash the system simply by creating a field in the admin?

error: CREATE TABLE _knex_temp_alter648 (id varchar(255) PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, name varchar(255) NULL, created_at datetime NULL, updated_at datetime NULL, published_at datetime NULL, created_by_id integer NULL, updated_by_id integer NULL, CONSTRAINT accessories_created_by_id_fk FOREIGN KEY (created_by_id) REFERENCES admin_users (id) ON DELETE SET NULL, CONSTRAINT accessories_updated_by_id_fk FOREIGN KEY (updated_by_id) REFERENCES admin_users (id) ON DELETE SET NULL, CONSTRAINT accessories_created_by_id_fk FOREIGN KEY (created_by_id) REFERENCES admin_users (id) ON DELETE SET NULL, CONSTRAINT accessories_updated_by_id_fk FOREIGN KEY (updated_by_id) REFERENCES admin_users (id) ON DELETE SET NULL) - SQLITE_ERROR: AUTOINCREMENT is only allowed on an INTEGER PRIMARY KEY

Iā€™m not sure why that might have happened.

Your best bet to get going again is to delete the column from the Strapi metadata.

I am not familiar with the inner workings of Strapi. Seeing the SQL error got me all confused. Your post made me think its hard coded in a file. So a little digging and I found src/api/MYCONTENTYTYPE/schema.json, and the ID was set in Schema, so I deleted it and it works.

So that was easy. Perhaps it was a good thing to get the error so I can delve into part of its inner workings!

Thanks

1 Like