How to obtain avatar image from providers?

Hi !
I’m new to Strapi, and I’ve setup one provider (Discord OAuth2) and whenever I connect with this provider, it create a new user in the Strapi User collection.
Everything perfect so far.
Now, I would like to know how to get the discord avatar of the users who are connecting to the provider and upload them in my Strapi (whether as an Image or as a String)
How to modify the Strapi user collection so it can automatically fetch the profile picture of my users ?

System Information
  • Strapi Version: v3.5.4
  • Operating System: Debian 9
  • Database: sqlite
  • Node Version: v12.22.0
  • NPM Version: 6.14.11
  • Yarn Version: 1.22.10

1 Like

I really need to poke our eng team about this as TBH even I’m not sure how to pass files between backend services.

Creating a documentation request for this so we can look into it.

1 Like

Hi, @BLKKKBVSIK Did you found any workaround related to it for the time being? thanks

Hi @Stak !
Sadly, I didn’t find any workaround yet… I’m still searching and modifing Strapi and the provided react login and searching how I can maybe reuse the token from my provider, but it’ll be better if I could directly have access from the avatar of my users through Strapi itself.

2 Likes

Any updates regarding this

Related Discord Convo in our strapi-backend channel:

(here is the link I provided: strapi/Providers.js at 077741b03725cc981bc984399d553df8a12d89d0 · strapi/strapi · GitHub)