How to skip table creation in order to reuse a database schema?

System Information
  • Strapi Version: 4.3.2
  • Operating System: Linux, Mac
  • Database: Postgres
  • Node Version: 16.15.1
  • NPM Version: 8.11.0
  • Yarn Version: 1.22.19

Hi everyone.
Happens I recently deployed Strapi in a production server, and I’m trying to make some changes locally, so I dumped the database and restored it to a local Postgres installation, also backed up the server, and downloaded it in order to be able to run it locally.

When running Strapi, the server never starts because it’s trying to create some already existing tables.
The question: Is there a way of telling Strapi using some environment variable o setting or whatever, so it skips the creation of any required tables?
Just to name an example, when using Sequelize I can skip the database sync process, and it will bypass every ORM operation when starting (which depending on your schema size, can take some time to execute).

Hope someone can help me with this.
Best regards from Chile,
Jose Ignacio

Hi! I face the same problem when trying to deploy using k8s and helm and can’t find anything about it online… Did you manage to resolve the issue by any chance?

I’ll put what solved the problem for us, for future use: We didn’t create an admin user after the first deploy so Strapi was trying to re-create the database model. Once we dropped the (empty) db, recreated it, redeployed strapi and created the admin, the following deployments went flawlessly!

I’m trying to get Strapi to actually create the database schema for my project and it won’t do it with “npm install” and “npm build”… How did you tell Strapi that you want a new database schema created?