Is gatsby-source-strapi currently broken?

I have a thread open on discord if someone wouldn’t mind taking a look. Current versions of strapi and gatsby (as of last week). There is a conflict with gatsby-source-filesystem. I would appreciate any insight.

Hello, I have the same problem, have you perhaps found a solution yet?

gatsby-source-strapi" threw an error while running the sourceNodes lifecycle:       

The plugin "gatsby-source-strapi" created a node of a type owned by another plugin.  

The node type "File" is owned by "gatsby-source-filesystem".

Error: The plugin "gatsby-source-strapi" created a node of a type owned by another plugin.
        The node type "File" is owned by "gatsby-source-filesystem".
        If you copy and pasted code from elsewhere, you'll need to pick a new type name
        for your new node(s).
1 Like

Hello,
Same trouble here, it seems it has issues with gatsby-source-filesystem, help please!!!

Error: The plugin “gatsby-source-strapi” created a node of a type owned by another plugin.
The node type “File” is owned by “gatsby-source-filesystem”.
If you copy and pasted code from elsewhere, you’ll need to pick a new type name
for your new node(s).
The plugin creating the node:
{
“resolve”: “/Users/wmaas/Documents/strapi/blog/node_modules/gatsby-source-strapi”,
“id”: “1629a382-1c2d-508a-a9d9-9baba158a7bc”,
“name”: “gatsby-source-strapi”,
“version”: “3.2.0”,

1 Like

Same here :unamused: I use fetch at the moment for consume my public API. does it bother?

Could you please explain how you do that? did you revert Strapi back to the REST API?

I found this thread

Personally I made the changes in dist/ for the Gatsby-source-strapi and everything works great then.

Regards

Moving the

{
  resolve: "gatsby-source-strapi",
  options: strapiConfig
}

above the gatsby-source-filesystem in the config solved it for me.

Edit: Nvm, maybe just the gatsby clean command worked.

1 Like

Yep, it was the order and not just a gatsby clean. The error is resolved when gatsby-source-strapi appears in gatsby-config.js before gatsby-source-filesystem. (I’m on Gatsby 5.10.0 and Strapi 4.10.6)

The order change is working for me too.

If you looked at the discord discussion I linked in the OP, you would see that the order fixes the file issue, but not the gatsby clean issue.

I have this too now. No fundamental changes to my files and suddenly this happens. I tried all the above suggestions, but no joy. I’ve also reverted to previous commits that I know worked - again I still see this error. Just to be thorough, I even cloned my last known working version and reinstalled all node modules. But again, I still see this problem. Curiously, my deployed production version is still running and I can rebuild that on the production server. I now super scared to push any updates in case that breaks too. What on earth is going on? How can this possibly happen without any changes made???