Is it possible to inject a button as a menu item or in the welcome page?

System Information
  • Strapi Version: 4.16.2
  • Operating System: MacOS Sonoma & Ubuntu 20.04
  • Database: PostgreSQL
  • Node Version: 20
  • NPM Version: 10

I know it’s possible to add a button to all the ContentManager pages using the injectContentManagerComponent. I’m doing this to open up a new app/website in a separate tab, when the user clicks the button.

However, I’d like to also add the same button to the welcome page or as menu item. Is it possible to inject a button as a menu item or in the welcome page?

I know that right now Strapi does not allow us to customize much the welcome page, which is a big shame, but maybe there’s another way of doing it that I missed. Btw, I’d love to remove all that documentation from the welcome page, which is so noisy and useless in my case. Please, do not suggest patch-package, which is so ugly and bad.

I’ve also come across the Menus plugin, but I am not really sure it can be used to do this. I suppose so, but I don’t need to or I’d like to avoid creating any custom plugin just to add a menu button that links to a website. I just need a menu item, which, when clicked, leads to another webpage (e.g. www.google.ch). The fewer dependencies I use the better, if there’s no other way than using e.g. the Menus plugin, feel free to provide a solution with it (preferably, with a code example).