Is strapi client-side rendering?

System Information
  • Strapi Version: latest
  • Operating System: Ubuntu 18
  • Database: mysql
  • Node Version: latest
  • NPM Version: latest
  • Yarn Version: latest

Hi, i am reading through the documentation of strapi and i really like what i see, but i couldn’t find if strapi is a client-side rendering or server-side? If it is client-side rendering is it using one of the big three (FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER) frameworks: REACT, ANGULAR or VUE?

I think you didn’t understand correctly what strapi is, its just a Headless CMS(offering acces to your data through RestAPI / Graphql). You can use any rendering framework that you want, React, Vue, even jquery, or even vanilla javascript, or PHP, that doesn’t matter how you will render your data, the only thing that strapi does is providing you the data. Think about it as a car engine, you can put that engine in any car body.

There are examples how to use Nextjs with strapi:

Take a look also at the integrations list:

I might haven’t expressed my question right, when i run the command
npx create-strapi-app my-project --quickstart it will do its magic and it will give me access to http://localhost:1337/admin. Is this ui that is rendered using any frameworks? is it server or client side rendering?

Oh, the Admin ui is client-side react app. It accesses data through RestAPI requests. You can open Developers tools in browser and look at the Network tab, you will notice that it gets all the data in real time from the strapi’s backend.

That’s how you make difference between a CSR and SSR. If the web page returns all the content in javascript files/html files than it is SSR, if it requests APIs to get the data then it is CSR.

1 Like

Thank you so much, you are awesome :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like