Localize components inside a non-localized dynamic zone

System Information
  • Strapi Version: 4.4.6

I have 2 locales, de and en. I have a collection type page, that has a localized dynamic zone with multiple components. For a new page I fill in English content first, then I select German and click “Fill in from another locale”, which is fine for creating pages.
But when I change the content or add a new component, this component is only added to the currently selected locale, not to the German dynamic zone. I assume this is to allow different layouts depending on the locale. But this makes changes tedious, because content editors have to remember the changes and do them again for all other locales.

When I disable localization of the dynamic zone I get what I want, but then I cannot use translations on the components.

Is there any way to accomplish this, i.e. have localizations on a component level rather than on the dynamic zone? I would like to avoid duplicating fields like title_de and title_en.

@randomjohn Did you figure this out? If yes, how did you get around this issue?

@DMehaffy Any solution? Is this an intentional limitation? I can only localize top level fields, dynamic zone or a component. I haven’t figure how to conditionally localize a component in a dynamic zone or a field inside a component.

@yhn @DMehaffy any update on that? It’s possible to localize a single field inside a component?

Our scenario is the following: There is a component which has 4 fields. Just one should be available in multiple languages.

Using a seperate collaction type would be possible because fields of a collection-type can be localized finegrained. However to create all entities it would be more convenient to work with components and not collection types. It’s possible?

Any solution to this? I don’t want to enable localization for a text field inside dynamic zone.