Migration from 3.0.0-beta19 to 3.1.7

Hi guys,

I want to migrate from 3.0.0-beta19 to 3.1.7.
I followed the migration steps described here: https://strapi.io/documentation/v3.x/migration-guide/migration-guide-3.0.x-to-3.1.x.html#summary

However after the upgrade when I try to start strapi the following exception is thrown:

[2020-11-25T20:14:34.106Z] error TypeError: Cannot convert undefined or null to object
at Function.values ()
at Object.load (\backend\node_modules\strapi-database\lib\connector-registry.js:17:39)
at DatabaseManager.initialize (\backend\node_modules\strapi-database\lib\database-manager.js:32:21)
at Strapi.load (\backend\node_modules\strapi\lib\Strapi.js:308:19)
at async Strapi.start (\backend\node_modules\strapi\lib\Strapi.js:190:9)

Do you have an idea if I´m missing something or if I have to make additional changes cause it´s a migration from the 3.0.0 beta?

Thanks in advanced,
Michael

Hey there!

You should follow all these guides:
Migration guide from beta.19+ to beta.19.4 (strapi.io)
Migration guide from beta.19.4+ to beta.20 (strapi.io)

Migration guide from beta.20+ to stable (strapi.io)
Migration guide from 3.0.x to 3.1.x (strapi.io)

As @eriskhan mentioned you need to follow all of the migration guides between your version and one you are wanting to land on. In your case the following:

You can find these instructions on the root of the migration guides page here: https://strapi.io/documentation/v3.x/migration-guide/#instructions

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying to migrate from 3.0.0-beta.17.8 to 3.1.x and I have the same issue.
For some reason your links for the documentations doesn’t work.
What can I do?

Hello!

Here you can find the migration guides :slight_smile:

Hi, if you go in the link you can see the first section links won’t work.

I checked just now, the links in beta Migrate Guides - Strapi Developer Documentation and in the v3
Migrate Guides - Strapi Developer Documentation that you need to follow according to the previous posts, work fine for me.

Oh sorry, I was looking in the example section. Thanks!

1 Like