New Strapi Developer Plan and Updated Pricing

As it approaches its first anniversary, Strapi Cloud has significantly evolved and proven its robustness with an excellent track record of stability.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://strapi.io/blog/new-developer-plan

The prices are still too high; I would rather self-host.

That is why I love Strapi, you have options. I have self hosted projects as well, after adding all the cost I am paying about 50 bucks per month. This includes email, file storage, DB and hosting the project. But I still had to go through the process of setting it all up.

I recently, set up a project using Strapi dev tear to save time, in my case, spending less time on setting up stuff my self make sense to me.

I may be biased, cause I work at the company. But in my mind, I think about connivance vs time I would have to spend.

But you do have to decide if it makes sense based on project requirements. If I have a client, and want to make there life easier, I would just set up a Strapi Cloud account and pass on the cost as part of the billing.

And for projects that are not big enough to justify paying for hosting, I would either do local dev, or self host via DO or Render.