On trying to add image from media folder to entry - "Media Library is Empty"

System Information
  • Strapi Version: 4
  • Operating System: win 11
  • Database: SQLite
  • Node Version: 18.10
  • NPM Version:
  • Yarn Version:

Hi, I’m not sure if this is under the right category or not.

I added 13 png images into the media library, which I then moved to a folder called icons
edit: (Have had to remove screen grab showing these icons in said folder, as I am limited to one image upload as a new user)

If I try to add an image from the icons folder to an entry in the content manager the folder is showing as empty.

You can see in the following grab the folder shows it has 13 assets
edit: (Again have had to remove screen grab, so will have to take my word for it)

When I click on that folder with it’s 13 assets, I get the following.

Very different to How to use media library folders in Strapi - Guide

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

I hope this isn’t too cheeky, but here is the screen grab showing the media library folder with it’s contents.

I had the same issue.
Downgrade your strapi to 4.11.3.

Thank you @ZeBolHD. I will give that a try.

I wasn’t clear on how to downgrade. I tried yarn create strapi-app@4.11.3 --quickstart in a new folder, which failed.

I then edited my package.json instead e.g.

"@strapi/strapi": "4.11.3",
"@strapi/plugin-users-permissions": "4.11.3",
"@strapi/plugin-i18n": "4.11.3",
"better-sqlite3": "8.0.1"

then

yarn build

This hasn’t resolved the issue. The folders setup in the media library is broken.

For instance if I leave all 13 images in the root media library folder, then say add one image to the ‘icons’ sub-folder, when I open icons folder from create entry I don’t see that one image — I see all 13 images from the root.

We are at a pivotal point in a project deciding between using a NoSQL and SQL database. We are not a 100% on whether we really need a CMS.

I think it might be prudent to have one, which means going down the SQL route. However having issues with something rudimentary like a media library is making me wonder what I am letting myself in for. Hopefully I can sort this out.

Maybe you forgot to install new dependencies before build?

1 Like

You are correct :slight_smile:

The media library and it’s folders now appear to be working correctly. Thanks again @ZeBolHD, much appreciated.

Can I just ask what the advice is for updating Strapi? Obviously being up to date with regards security is a consideration, but is it best to hold off and for how long 1 month, 6 months?

Having the same issue in strapi@4.11.4

Need to confirm this, but the latest release strapi@4.11.5 appears to have fixed the issue. As detailed in the first post I am using Node version v18.10.0.

Hello. I seem to be having the same issue. The assets show up when using the media library, but once I try to add them to an entry, they don’t show up. Interestingly, it happens only with assets that are in a folder.

I am using the strapi-provider-cloudflare-r2 plugin by @trieb-work so I am not sure whether it’s a Strapi issue or one by the plugin. Upgrading to the latest Strapi version (4.12.5) or downgrading to version 4.11.3 doesn’t seem to fix the issue.

unfortunately I have the same issue, wish appears after upgrade to: (I have not solve it yet)
“dependencies”: {
@strapi-community/strapi-provider-upload-google-cloud-storage”: “^4.3.6”,
@strapi/plugin-i18n”: “4.11.4”,
@strapi/plugin-users-permissions”: “4.11.4”,
@strapi/strapi”: “4.11.4”,
“mysql”: “^2.18.1”,
“pg”: “^8.8.0”,
“strapi-plugin-config-sync”: “1.1.3”
},