Roles Seeing Other Entries

System Information
  • Strapi Version: 3.4.1
  • Operating System: macOS
  • Database: MongoDB
  • Node Version: 14.13.1
  • NPM Version: 6.14.8
  • Yarn Version: 1.22.10

In regard to roles, is there a way that a user with a role to only edit what they created no be able to see other entries?

Hey @cgen01 :wave:,

Are you familiar with the default admin-panel role: ‘author’?

[Admin panel > Settings > Administratoin Panel > Roles > Author]

With this role the admin panel user can only view/edit/delete its own created entries.
More in this blog post about the RBAC feature.

I hope this helps and explains it. :+1:

Yes, that is where the screenshot in my original post is from. But you see, this Author still sees the entries, they just have dashes and he can’t access them. Is there a way to make it so that those entries don’t even display?

Aah okay, I’m not sure if this is supposed to happen. The short video on the blog post shows it shouldn’t: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Does this also happen if you try it out on a fresh project?

This basically was a fresh project. I just created another Strapi project one for a different project of mine and I have the same results:

Having same issue, the Author can see the content from another Author, you cant open it, or edit, but I can still see the list of entries, but it shouldn’t show

Hey guys/gals, we released a patch in v3.4.5 that fixes this issue.

thanks you very much, good job, important feature, will try it out later, and will let know

That seems to have done it! Thank you for your work on this!

Fixed the issue, apricate! don’t forget to upgrade all packages to new version and run clean build again, for anyone with same issue

I am still seeing items in the relations that belong to other users/administrators: Strapi - Content Manager 2021-01-28 12-08-40

In this case, the $10 Off Discount is from a different admin, but this admin can still see it.

Relation filtering aren’t currently supported by the RBAC unless you have the EE edition and can apply custom conditional policies to RBAC.