Hi everyone (first post!),
I’ve just watched this rather excellent intro to Strapi and I have a rough overview of how Strapi works / fits together.
I would like to build a site in a way that combines the benefits of a static site generator (i.e. physical markdown files) and a CMS (content types, relationships, etc).
The plan would be:
- create all the top-level content (posts, tags, categories, etc) using the CMS
- for each text-heavy content type (such as a post) host them as physical markdown files
- from the CMS entry, reference the markdown file location
- the markdown files will all reference images
- these will likely be stored in the same folders (unless there are benefits to putting them elsewhere)
There are several reasons for me wanting to do this:
- I have a markdown editor I love
- because this is the “main” content, I don’t want the additional technical overhead of it being locked into a database
As a noob Strapi user, am I needlessly-reinventing the wheel here, or is this a fair approach?
Maybe there are better approaches?
Thanks for your help.