Some of the provided components in xxx are not related to the entity

System Information
  • Strapi Version: 4.1.9
  • Operating System: Mac
  • Database: MariaDB 10.7.3
  • Node Version: 16
  • NPM Version:
  • Yarn Version: 1.22.11

I am exporting few collection entries via strapi.entityService.findMany and setting as option populate: "*".

When then I try to import the same data via strapi.entityService.update I get the error:

Some of the provided components in seo are not related to the entity

With hero being the name of the component in api::homepage.homepage in field seo

What does this error mean?

For reference, this is what the data exported looks like:

{
  "api::homepage.homepage": [
    {
      "id": 1,
      "title": "hello",
      "slug": "hello",
      "createdAt": "2022-04-20T04:33:38.256Z",
      "updatedAt": "2022-04-27T16:07:56.941Z",
      "publishedAt": "2022-04-20T04:33:44.720Z",
      "seo": { "id": 1, "title": "dsadsa", "description": "dasdsa" },
    }
  ]
}

By hero i meant seo :slight_smile:

I actually figure out the id field is the issue. If it is not provided, then it would work correctly. If the id is different, say I have a duplicate entry in the database and I pick the id of the same other identical entry, will return that error.

The issue could be I have exported and imported first all components. Then I tried to export and import all collection types. The id of seo stayed the same, but somehow when I tried to populate it a second time when I imported all the collections, it did throw this error.

1 Like

So do you have any advice how to fix this? I am getting the same with data in dynamic zones.

@smiley @gvocale Did you find a solution for this issue? I am having this issue as well, and for my use case I would like to keep the id of component when I update, is there any possible way for me to do that?

I am also getting the same error in the Strapi admin to one of my collection. I have used a component for SEO.

Due to this issue, the Save action is not working. I have to refresh the page and then save it which is frustrating.