Strapi Admin and Permissions resetting

I’m relatively new to Strapi and recently I deployed a Next.js app on Vercel with a Strapi backend and for whatever reason, the settings in USERS & PERMISSIONS PLUGIN/ROLES are being reset every time I stop using the app.

Once I change the Application permissions in Roles/Public and Authenticated, everything works fine but after some time, they reset and when the api is being called, I get a 403 Forbidden or 500 Internal Server Error.

Has anyone had this problem before ?

1 Like

yes me too

Same issue I am also facing

same problem here, for admin permission

Any solution to this?

I’m having the same issue, where I set permissions for custom roles on the Strapi Admin Panel, but the next day all my tickmarks are gone.

Thanks!

Hi there, did you find the solution for this issue? I’m experiencing the same problem every time I deploy my changes to the live instance. Thanks!

Update on the Issue:

For anyone else experiencing this problem, it was confirmed to be a human error.

Here’s what happened:

• We’re using the Config Sync plugin to synchronize changes between local, staging, and live instances.
  • The issue arose because the editor role permissions weren’t set correctly on my local environment.
  • When making non-permission-related changes and exporting files with Config Sync, the incorrect permissions from my local environment were inadvertently overwriting the correct permissions on the target instances.

Lessons Learned:

• Double-check editor role permissions on local environments before syncing to avoid unintended overwrites.
  • This experience highlights the importance of meticulous configuration management, especially when working with synchronization tools.

Hope this helps others! :slight_smile: