Strapi Admin Login with OAuth2.0

Hey everyone! I’m considering Strapi as part of our new app ecosystem, and I’m looking for an answer to the following use-case:
We’re building a main website (Next.js) which consumes dynamic content from our main API api.website.com (Nest.js) but alongside those two, we would like to have CMS portion of the website (static content, blog etc) done via Strapi on cms.website.com

Auth is done with OAuth2.0 (Auth0 provider) and we have registration/login on main website which consumes API with the tokens it got from the provider.
My question is: is there a way for Strapi Admin Login to be configured to use OAuth2.0 and specifically Auth0 provider, and if so, what are the paths we can go?

I noticed that depending on when the question was asked, forums say that it’s either not possible, or it’s possible on the Gold Enterprise plan, or it’s possible if you implement it yourself (I am not aware how complex of a task that is?), or it’s possible via plugins already created.
Can someone explain in a bit more detail is this actually doable and what is the best way to acomplish this goal which is basically: use already existing user pool from other platforms to authenticate on strapi admin.

1 Like

I’m also trying to find an answer to that. If I purchase Gold Enterprise plan, can I configure Strapi to have admin logins via Auth0?

Because in the documentations, all what’s mentioned is authentication with Auth0 using the frontend app. But for my case, I don’t need any auth on my frontend app. But I need login to Admin panel to be via Auth0.

Your summary is great

use already existing user pool from other platforms to authenticate on strapi admin.

Did you manage to find any answers to that? @Nikola_Milic