Strapi - Building a static blog using Jekyll and Strapi

Our community is looking for talented writers who are passionate about our ecosystem (jamstack, open-source, javascript) and willing to share their knowledge/experiences through our Write for the community program.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://strapi.io/blog/building-a-static-website-using-jekyll-and-strapi

Doesn’t work with Strapi v4. How long will this take to make this work?

Hello @THMO120 :wave:

Unfortunately, the gem is not maintained anymore so the article will remain unchanged until we found a way to update it correctly. I’ll put a disclaimer at the beginning of the article to give more information about this.

I have the plugin working with Strapi v4, but still needs more work for permalinks feature.

Update:

The Strapi v4 plugin is working now, but still needs more debugging and testingg.

Thank you for a great tutorial! In March 2024 dependencies may have changed so I wanted to point out that template parsing no longer works as described in this tutorial.

When using the latest version of Strapi as of now (4.20.4), and jekyll-strapi-4, articles are not parsed correctly.

Instead of article.title, you would write: article.strapi_attributes.title

I hope this helps someone.