"Strapi source provider not yet implemented" when trying to transfer from remote

Hi guys!

Im trying to transfer data from a deployed instance of Strapi to a local one.

in the config file ive done the token salt like that: module.exports = ({ env }) => ({
auth: {
secret: env(‘ADMIN_JWT_SECRET’)
},
apiToken: {
salt: env(‘API_TOKEN_SALT’)
},
transfer:{
token:{
salt: env(‘TRANSFER_TOKEN_SALT’)
}
},
watchIgnoreFiles: [‘**/db’]
})

and the token salt on both instances is the same and i have created a transfer token on the remote instance.

Im running: yarn strapi transfer --from https://****/admin --from-token ****

where i include the remote’s token and get this error:

Remote Strapi source provider not yet implemented
error Command failed with exit code 1.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Ivan! I just ran across the same issue. Were you able to find a resolution by chance?

Unfortunately not. At first I thought it was because the schemas were different but it turned out this wasn’t the case.

I also had a error prior to running into this one regarding an attribute name in the user permissions schema. It looks like there was an issue opened in July about this that was closed without a real resolution.

@Ivan_Shoshkov @jrobs87

Which Strapi version are you using, you should be using 4.11.0 as the minimum version. That is where that feature was implemented. But we recommend that you update to 4.15.5+

Hi Paul! Sorry for the delay I just saw your response. I believe a mismatched version from a failed production build is the root cause of my issue. Thanks so much!

1 Like

You are welcome.