Strapi v4 is live 🕺

Hi everyone! :wave:

This is happening: the stable Strapi v4 is released and is waiting to be tested!

In the new Strapi version, discover:

• Revamped user interface - more accessible, intuitive, and good-looking.
  • The Strapi Design System and Plugin API to create plugins in a breeze.
  • A precise database query engine to fetch data in a smarter way.
  • More powerful REST and GraphQL API with pagination, filtering, standardized response & request formats.
  • API Token to control access to Content API.
  • Error handling to know how to fix issues.

We want to say a huge THANK YOU for supporting us and helping to get this massive amount of work done.

Find more details about the v4 in the announcement blog post and on the v4 page.

To try it out, run the command:

npx create-strapi-app my-project --quickstart

or follow the Quick Start Guide.

The v4 introduces a lot of changes to Strapi. We would be grateful if you shared your feedback and suggestions of what we could improve in this thread or report any bugs you find on Github!

Finally, we would love to celebrate this huge milestone with you! :partying_face:

Join the live Twitch stream today at 6 PM CET / 9 AM PDT to share this moment of joy with the Strapi community and team. Register here not to miss the event!

Enjoy Strapi! :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Huge congrats to the strapi team! :tada:
Oh and if it’s broken it’s @DMehaffy fault anyways :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

1 Like

Great job and I’m very happy to hear.
Could you please fix this as soon as possible because I want to start a project with the new version of strapi.

problem - node.js - Strapi V4 Error: Can't resolve '@strapi/design-system/themes' - Stack Overflow

This is so cool. Will there be an upgrade guide from v3.x?

To answer my own question I’ve noticed that migration guides are in the works.

3 Likes

Thank you Strapi team, it’s awesome :purple_heart::tada:

1 Like

Congrats Strapi team. But after attempting to convert my 3.6.8 project, it seems the docs aren’t ready to really help users. There are places of ambiguity and I found myself debugging Strapi or inspecting the plugins to find the answers.

I really suggest that you have migration docs ready next time at release

2 Likes

Agreed with the earlier comment, migrating from v3 to v4 is definitely not as easy as it seems and I have honestly given up investigating without documentation with a lot of ambiguous spots. Strongly suggest that you don’t rush to launch the next release without having the migration docs ready : I’ve frozen my current roadmap on Strapi because I do not want to do extra work on v3 that we’ll have to probably adapt once we move to v4… Honestly it’s frustrating.