Unable to access Content Manager as Super Admin local and production

System Information
  • Strapi Version: 4.1.7
  • Operating System: MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
  • Database: Postgres
  • Node Version: >=12.x.x <=16.x.x
  • NPM Version: >=6.0.0
  • Yarn Version: n/a

When I am logged in as Super Admin to (both my local and production deployments) Strapi and I click the button “Content Manager”, the Content Manager does not load and instead is redirected to the “Welcome” page where the following message is rendered: “Information: You are not allowed to see this document”. See image below for reference.

Am I missing something about how admin permissions work? The admin account I’m logged into has Super Admin permissions and according to the docs I should be able to use the Content Manager with those permissions.

I’m facing the same issue since upgrading to v4.2.3.
Did you manage to find a resolution?

i’m also facing the same issue can you guys help me out with this

I was also facing the same issue.
But I resolved this by inspecting the collection and single types.
So I had no fields in a single type when I added fields from the content type builder then I was able to access the content manager.
It’s weird but this should not happen I think its more intuitive because if you don’t have any fields what content will you add? So I think this should have proper docs on it.

6 Likes

In my case, I changed the database configuration and some of the data were created from the Old database (SQLITE) to the new database (Progres) .
When the database config changes the Strapi asked me to create a new Admin (The page of config looks like a new install) .
I removed the old data (Restaurant and Categories) and now I can see the Content manager page.
I am guessing the old data belongs to the Old admin and that’s why the error on the page .

same was in my case, after adding a field to the single type i could access the content manager

2 Likes

Same here for me. Empty collection / single type and this will happen. I deleted the empty single and the behaviour was back to normal

Version: 4.10.5 (node v16.20.0)
Edition: Community
Database: mysql

1 Like

For anyone reading this later, the server console normally outputs reasons why a content type is not working.

:bulb: Not to be confused with the browser’s console.