After upgrading to latest Strapi

// package.json
"@strapi/plugin-i18n": "^4.0.3",
"@strapi/plugin-users-permissions": "^4.0.3",
"@strapi/strapi": "^4.0.3",

I see the following in the admin panel:

Solution:
npm run build needs running, even in development mode

I have this same problem with version 4.20.1. Even the Strapi is with that version, I see notification badge and that “Upgrade your admin panel” -text in the Overview -panel.

I have run npm run build before npm run develop, and it seems anyway to build it straight with the develop. But the notification still is there… does that mean it has not updated the admin panel? If so, how to do that? It does show the latest strapi version above it.

Yeah, I’m seeing this behavior too. I’ve since upgraded to 20.4.2 and same thing…it indicates that I need to upgrade the admin panel even though it’s running at the current version. Running build in dev mode doesn’t fix it.

I spent some time trying to track down the cause of this problem, and discovered that the Admin Panel ‘distribution’ (node_modules/@strapi/admin/dist) contains chunks under the name of ‘AuthenticatedApp-xxx’ containing an older version number for Strapi.

I would guess that the build & release process for Strapi is broken, as the package.json in the Admin Panel module shows the correct version … It’s as if the module didn’t get rebuilt before it was released. I’m going to raise an issue for the Strapi developers to investigate.

Meanwhile, if you edit the two ‘AuthenticatedApp-xxx’ files (.js and .mjs) and change the ‘const version’ value to match your current version of Strapi, then rebuild the admin panel, the notification will go away. It’s a bit of a fudge, because you won’t be using the ‘correct’ admin panel code.

The issue report is Spurious notification "Upgrade your admin panel" · Issue #20134 · strapi/strapi · GitHub