Why do I get Invalid credentials, how can I fix it

Hi, I’m using Strapi with a React/NextJs frontend, everything was working fine but I have come to use the app today and on the login page http://localhost:1337/admin/auth/login I get Invalid credentials. I’m positive the credentials are correct. If I click the Forgot your password? and enter my email it says I will receive an email with the your password recovery link but I never receive the email.

Why does this happen and how can I fix this.

I set up a new user and email with yarn strapi admin:create-user but I’m still getting Invalid credentials what the hell is going on with this

Edit: aaahh wait if it’s strapi’s admin panel’s password recovery the email should come from strapi itself… maybe there’s a delay, do let us know if you solve this

~Don’t think the mail is gonna send itself tbh
You need to set up an email provider, either cloud or local with node mail, in which case you probably also need to set up a node mail server~

About the user; don’t know what to do about this I’m afraid, maybe check the corresponding database table to check what’s being entered, maybe compare password hashes? I believe I had this problem at some point and I think I solved it deleting all the entries in that table, so the admin panel prompted me to set up the first user again