Best deployment choice? :(

Hi Guys,

What is the cheapest and easiest type of deployment for a Strapi project (with MySql database)?
What I’ve tried so far:

1. V-Server (Windows) - unstable, sometimes very slow
  2. Heroku - very simple, but the database (ClearDB) is too expensive in the long term.
  3. DigitalOcean - Unfortunately I haven’t had any success with the installation yet. I have a question about this: If I use the one-click variant, how do I proceed so that I can merge my existing project into the new DigitalOcean Strapi project?

I haven’t tried any other species yet. What are your experiences? Does Strapi offer depolyment service?

Thanks in advance!

The one click is really geared for rapid testing, if you already have an existing project it’s probably best to setup the VPS manually.

ClearDB isn’t actually one we support, Heroku offers PG and there is also a 3rd party add-on for MariaDB from Jaws. (But I agree it’s not a good choice)

Yeah windows performance in production will be quite slow.

Vultr, Linode, DigitalOcean Apps (we have a webinar tmrw about this: https://app.livestorm.co/strapi/strapi-meetup-building-fullstack-web-applications-on-digital-ocean-app-platform?utm_source=Livestorm+company+page ), AWS, GCloud, ect.

3 Likes

@DMehaffy Thank you for the quick answer and the good info! I am motivated and will attend the webinar tomorrow. :+1:

@DMehaffy Thanks again for the information about the webinar.
I was there yesterday and I am watching the repeat. There is something I haven’t understood yet:
Daniel and Chris uploaded an existing Strapi project to Github and created a database, but I did not see that they transferred the data from the local database to the new DigitalOcean database.

Will the data be created in this case, or what is it like?

SunnySon has already answered my question on Slack, I’ll test it myself in a moment. :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Yesterday I got my Strapi project up and running on DigitalOcean with SunnySon’s help. Thanks to you all… :tada: :+1:

2 Likes

Did you work out how much it’s going to cost?

@IPWright83 Hello, the prices for deploying an app are okay on both digitalocean and heroku. Since I always use MySql, I first looked at the prices for MySql on Heroku. 10 $ / mo for only 1GB is a bit too expensive, so I’m trying these days to switch my data from MySql to PostgreSql. Then I get 10 Gb for the same price. I imagined that for the beginning <$ 30 per Strapi project (incl. Database) is okay.

By the way, I have a little problem on DigitalOcean. I’ll write a question about it right away and paste the link right here. :thinking:

P.S .: I have a little problem on DigitalOcean, unfortunately I haven’t found out where the problem is.
:snail: